Eminent Shakespearean scholars Jonathan Bate and Eric Rasmussen provide a fresh new edition of this scathing account of manners and matrimony--along with more than a hundred pages of exclusive features, including:
- an original Introduction to The Taming of the Shrew
- incisive scene-by-scene synopsis and analysis with vital facts about the work
- commentary on past and current productions based on interviews with leading directors, actors, and designers
- photographs of key RSC productions
- an overview of Shakespeare's theatrical career and chronology of his plays
Ideal for students, theater professionals, and general readers, these modern and accessible editions from the Royal Shakespeare Company set a new standard in Shakespearean literature for the twenty-first century.