In Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You, you will learn, in a clear and concise way:
- How to analyze floor plans
- The trick to buying a home with great resale potential
- The truth about real estate agents
- How to fire your agent
- All about FSBO's, foreclosures, new construction and MLS listed homes
- What to look for when touring homes
- The four most common negotiating strategies
sellers use when responding to buyer offers - The one thing more important to a seller than price
- How to write an offer that protects you
- What repairs to request from the seller
- How to force your loan officer to give you accurate pricing information and avoid a bait and switch at the closing table
- Homeowner scams
- All about mortgages, home warranties, homeowner's insurance, title insurance, and much more.
In a real estate transaction the buyer assumes all of the risk. The seller walks away from the property and is free of any obligation or responsibility. The buyer pays for inspections, appraisals, closing costs, and ends up with the house and a mortgage.
At best, buying a home is a complicated process. At worst, it can be an emotional and financial nightmare. Not only do you have to find a house that you love, you have to verify its condition, negotiate a good price, figure out how to pay for it, insure it, move in, all the while ensuring you are buying a home that you will be able to resell for a profit when the time comes. The list of things to consider is seemingly endless.
The sensible information you'll find in this book is unlike anything you have read online or in any other real estate book. Buying a home is a complicated process, and this book simplifies it. You will learn how to make smart choices when you purchase your next home, and how to recognize fraud when you see it
Don't let them make a monkey out of you