Covering the period from the death of Alexander the Great to thecelebrated defeat of Antony and Cleopatra at the hands of Augustus, this authoritative Companion explores the world that Alexandercreated but did not live to see.
- Comprises 29 original essays by leading internationalscholars.
- Essential reading for courses on Hellenistic history.
- Combines narrative and thematic approaches to the period.
- Draws on the very latest research.
- Covers a broad range of topics, spanning political, religious, social, economic and cultural history.