This revised and expanded volume brings together acarefully-selected collection of primary sources drawn frommedieval and sixteenth-century texts. Notable for its comprehensivecoverage, it consolidates a broad range of important documents, which until now, have been scattered through numerous volumes ofprimary materials.
- An invaluable collection of primary sources, edited by arenowned reformations scholar, which brings together significantand illuminating documents from this influential period
- Revised and updated to include catechetical writings by Lutherand Calvin, and increased analysis of their theological writings, as well as coverage of women reformers such as Caritas Pirckheimer, Katharina Sch tz-Zell, and Olimpia Morata
- Includes a broad range of documents spanning major theologicalwritings through to confessions, political grievances, and writingsdrawn from tracts, poems, and satires
- Features observer accounts of events and debates that lucidlydepict the personalities of the reformers, offering students theirfirst direct engagement with participants in the Europeanreformations
- Creates an ideal accompaniment to Lindberg's TheEuropean Reformations, 2nd edition, or can be used alongsideany text on the European reformations for a complete learningguide