Focused on battle narratives of the classical world on land and at sea, this three-volume reference covers Archaic Greece in the eighth century BC to the rise of Islam in the seventh century AD.
- Three-volume reference on land and sea battles of the classical world from Archaic Greece in the eighth century BC to the rise of Islam in the seventh century AD
- Concentrates on narratives of specific battles, sieges, campaigns, and wars
- Contains the most complete and up-to-date scholarship on the subject
- Organized by individual wars, with chronological entries for each battle
- Brings together a distinguished, international group of experts on ancient military history