--Harvey Frommer, author of A Yankee Century and The New York Yankee Encyclopedia
Every Yankee fan has a memory they will never forget or a game they wish they had seen. Covering an entire century of New York Yankees baseball, The 50 Greatest Yankee Games brings together the best (and sometimes worst) moments experienced by the most successful sports franchise on the planet. You'll be there as:
* Babe Ruth performs the most debated gesture in sports history
* Joe DiMaggio reaches one milestone on his way to another
* ""The Wild Man"" tames the Dodgers, but the Bombers fail to score
* Bobby Murcer delivers the game-winning hit just hours after delivering the eulogy at Thurman Munson's funeral
* Dave Righetti throws his no-hitter against the Red Sox
* Don Mattingly shines, but Seattle savors the day
* Derek Jeter saves the game and the season with a ""shovel pass""
From the Yankees' first World Series to the pennant race that pitted Joe DiMaggio against Ted Williams to the Bucky Dent home run game, you'll have the best seat in the stadium as you experience all the excitement and drama. Featuring fascinating anecdotes and vintage photographs, The 50 Greatest Yankee Games is the perfect book for every Yankee fan and anyone who cherishes the game.
""Tan does a fine job choosing the most important contests from 100 seasons of Yankee baseball and recounting them in a gripping style . . . developing entertaining, dramatic story lines.""