This 2nd edition is a survey level review of key areas of archaeological geology/geoarchaeology. Principal subject areas include:
- historical principles;
- archaeologic and geomorphic surfaces and landforms types;
- sediments and sediment analytic methods;
- archaeological stoney materials - petrographic and mineralogic attributes;
- ceramic materials - mineralogic composition and analytic methods;
- geochemical methods useful in archaeological geology - studies of materials;
- commonly used geochronological methods for archaeological geology.
Contributions to paleoecology, paleoclimate and ancient cultures as well as multivariate ICP and EDX data are now included.