The Wayne Fire Department was founded in 1911 as a volunteer fire department with 12 firemen. In 1928, the Village of Wayne purchased its first pumper and started a full-time fire department. The Wayne-Nankin Fire Department was formed in 1942, only to be divided again when the Village of Wayne became the City of Wayne in 1960. In all, this organization has served the community for 94 years. Through rare photographs and detailed historical information, this book documents nearly a century of the Wayne Fire Department's dedicated service.