A thorough updating of the best-selling, vital reference andtextbook on melanocytic proliferations
PRAISE FOR THE FIRST EDITION:
"Well-written and entertaining"
"An extremely helpful guide for the practicingdermatopathologist or general pathologist"
--Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
"An incredibly relevant clinical-histopathologictext"
Melanocytic proliferations comprise a large number of pigmentedlesions of the skin and muscosa. Of these, melanoma is ofparticular interest to clinicians and their patients. The risingnumber of incidences of melanoma has led to increased interest inthe disease from diagnostic, management, and basic scienceperspectives.
The Melanocytic Proliferations: A Comprehensive Textbook ofPigmented Lesions is the most complete single-source treatmentof the subject available--thoroughly updated to reflect thevery latest studies and clinical experience in diagnosing andtreating melanocytic proliferation. This new edition of thebestseller presents an experience- and evidence-based review ofpigmented lesions that encompasses the biology, diagnosis, andtreatment of melanocytic proliferations and disorders, includingmelanoma. It comes with over 300 new color images--bringingthe total to over 600--and contains two completely newchapters: Dermatoscopic Diagnosis of Melanoma; and ReflectanceConfocal Microscopy.
Chapter coverage includes:
- An approach to the clinical diagnosis of melanoma, itsprecursors, and its clinical mimics
- Freckles and lentigines
- Benign acquired nevi
- Dermal dendritic melanocytic proliferations/dermalmelanocytoses
- Spitz nevus
- Combined nevus, deep penetrating nevus, plexiform spindlecell nevus, and borderline tumors of the deep penetrating nevusvariant
- Recurrent melanocytic nevus
- Congenital nevi
- Dysplastic melanocytic nevi, de novo intradermalepithelioid and lentiginous melanocytic dysplasias, and nevi atspecific anatomic sites
- Conjunctival melanocytic proliferations
- Use of adjunctive immunoperoxidase, molecular, andultrastructural studies in the diagnosis of melanocyticproliferations
- Biology of melanoma
- Borderline melanocytic proliferation
- Dermatoscopic diagnosis of melanoma
- Reflectance confocal microscopy
- Therapy of melanoma
The Melanocytic Proliferations: A Comprehensive Textbook ofPigmented Lesions is an incredibly important text for allclinical pathologists, dermatopathologists, surgical pathologists, dermatologists, cosmetic physicians, and surgeons.