This prestigious Companion offers the most comprehensive survey todate of the study of religion. Featuring a team of internationalcontributors, and edited by one of the most widely respectedscholars in the field, The Blackwell Companion to the Study ofReligion provides an interdisciplinary and authoritative guideto the subject.
- Examines the main approaches to the study of religion: anthropology, the comparative method, economics, literature, philosophy, psychology, sociology, and theology.
- Also covers a diverse range of topical issues, such as thebody, fundamentalism, magic, and new religious movements
- Consists of 24 essays written by an outstanding team ofinternational scholars
- Reviews, within each chapter, an outline of a particularsubfield and traces its development up to the present day
- Debates how the discipline may look in the future
- Represents all the major issues, methods and positions in thefield