Perfect for any tax course, but especially those
following the Model Tax Curriculum!
Focus on the fundamentals. Develop student awareness of client planning issues.
- Only 12 Chapters! Dennis-Escoffier and Fortin's Taxation for Decision Makers is a brief text that offers faculty great coverage and the flexibility to select topics or reorganize the material as desired! The authors clearly focus on fundamentals, but also provide brief introductions to more advanced material that enables faculty to customize the book to fit course needs. This text is ideal for schools with only one undergraduate tax course.
- Unique Dual Planning Orientation enables Taxation for Decision Makers to be used either in a Model Tax Curriculum program that emphasizes entities or in a more traditional course on individual taxation. The presentation of employee compensation (Chapter 4) enables readers to view transactions from both the individual's perspective (minimizing taxable income) and the employer's perspective (maximizing deductions while providing a compensation plan that will attract valuable employees).
- Unique Case in Each Chapter! Each chapter-opening case introduces key issues covered. The case is then revisited at the end of the chapter.
- Numerous Real-World Examples in each chapter add relevance for all readers.
- Tax Planning Is Emphasized as an Important Theme—one that encourages readers to consistently consider client planning opportunities.
- Tax Research is introduced in Chapter 2 and may be read at any time as research problems are assigned. A tax research appendix walks students through the tax research process with screen captures from widely used tax services.
- Extensive Tools for Learning include: "Test Yourself" quizzes, Internet exercises, issue identification problems, assignments to develop research and planning skills, and "Think Outside the Text" questions that challenge students to reason beyond the material in the chapter. Tax return problems and sample filled-in tax forms are available on the Web site to keep them up to date.
- Instructor Resources include: Solutions Manual, Instructor's Guide, Test Bank, PowerPoint presentation slides, and more.