Highly readable and eminently practical, Syntactic Analysis: The Basics focuses on bringing students with little background in linguistics up to speed on how modern syntactic analysis works.
- A succinct and practical introduction to understanding sentence structure, ideal for students who need to get up to speed on key concepts in the field
- Introduces readers to the central terms and concepts in syntax
- Offers a hands-on approach to understanding and performing syntactic analysis and introduces students to linguistic argumentation
- Includes numerous problem sets, helpfully graded for difficulty, with model answers provided at critical points
- Prepares readers for more advanced work with syntactic systems and syntactic analyses