Highly readable and eminently practical, Syntactic Analysis: TheBasics focuses on bringing students with little background inlinguistics up to speed on how modern syntactic analysis works.
- A succinct and practical introduction to understanding sentencestructure, ideal for students who need to get up to speed on keyconcepts in the field
- Introduces readers to the central terms and concepts insyntax
- Offers a hands-on approach to understanding and performingsyntactic analysis and introduces students to linguisticargumentation
- Includes numerous problem sets, helpfully graded fordifficulty, with model answers provided at critical points
- Prepares readers for more advanced work with syntactic systemsand syntactic analyses