Smart Ways to relieve stress, strengthen your body, prevent and treat illness, and boost your stamina and energy
Smart Tips on what yoga style is right for you, with step-by-step instructions on the poses that best suit your lifestyle and goals
* Smart Strategies to release physical tension and mental stress with the slow, gentle movements, poses, and breathing techniques of hatha yoga
* Smart Insights into the six branches of yoga, each a different experience in movement and meditation
* Smart Advice on yoga as alternative medicine to heal heart disease, chronic pain, arthritis, and other illnesses
* Smart Tips on finding a class and teacher that best suit your needs and will help you develop your own yoga practice
* Quick reading and easy referencing with lots of photos, a comprehensive index, and loads of sidebars and sources
Smart Guides take readers seriously. They satisfy even the most curious person's desire to know the essentials about any of a wide range of topics--from vitamins to mutual funds to stress relief.
It's all about good reading and expert information. The choice is yours. Stephanie Levin-Gervasi is a writer specializing in health and family matters. She is the author of The Back Pain Sourcebook and has practiced yoga for more than twenty years. She lives in San Francisco.