Philosophical Writing: An Introduction, 4th Edition, features numerous updates and revisions to A. P. Martinich's best-selling text that instructs beginning philosophy students on how to craft a well-written philosophical essay.
- Features an entirely new chapter on how to read a philosophical essay, new sections on quantification and modality, and rhetoric in philosophical writing, as well as more updated essay examples
- Includes many new essay examples and an accompanying website with further topics and examples
- Traces the evolution of a good philosophical essay from draft stage to completion
- Emphasizes what a student should do in crafting an essay, rather than on what not to do
- Written with clarity and humor by a leading philosopher