Build robust, highly scalable reactive web applications with Ratpack, the lightweight JVM framework. With this practical guide, you ll discover how asynchronous applications differ from more traditional thread-per-request systems and how you can reap the benefits of complex non-blocking through an API that makes the effort easy to understand and adopt.
Author Dan Woods a member of the Ratpack core team provides a progressively in-depth tour of Ratpack and its capabilities, from basic concepts to tools and strategies to help you construct fast, test-driven applications in a semantic and expressive way. Ideal for Java web developers familiar with Grails or Spring, this book is applicable to all versions of Ratpack 1.x.
- Configure your applications and servers to accommodate the cloud
- Use Ratpack testing structures on both new and legacy applications
- Add advanced capabilities, such as component binding, with modules
- Explore Ratpack s static content generation and serving mechanisms
- Provide a guaranteed execution order to asynchronous processing
- Model data and the data access layer to build high-performance, data-driven applications
- Work with reactive and functional programming strategies
- Use distribution techniques that support continuous delivery and other deployment tactics