Accessible, succinct, and including numerous student-friendlyfeatures, this introductory textbook offers an exceptionalfoundation to the field for those who are coming to it for thefirst time.
- Provides an ideal first course book in phonology, written by arenowned phonologist
- Developed and tested in the classroom through years ofexperience and use
- Emphasizes analysis of phonological data, placing this in itsscientific context, and explains the relevant methodology
- Guides students through the larger questions of whatphonological patterns reveal about language
- Includes numerous course-friendly features, includingmulti-part exercises and annotated suggestions for further readingat the end of each chapter