Introduction to Teaching and Learning in Health Professions is designed to support health professionals, particularly those new to educational roles, in their teaching, and in developing their expertise. It provides an invaluable resource for a range of health professional students. Undergraduate students, who are required to demonstrate their achievement of teaching-related professional competencies prior to graduation, and postgraduate students who are undertaking education courses, will find this text extremely beneficial.
- A clear, accessible guide to the theoretical foundations for supporting learning, applied to practical teaching contexts
- A focus on considerations in effective health professional education, such as diversity in learning styles and student groups, and complexities of teaching settings
- Effective strategies for optimising learning through the teaching cycle, from preparation to practice to evaluation
- Practical guidelines for managing real situations, many applied in the clinical field
- Useful resources that can be applied directly in teaching
- Reflective exercise that encourage learners to consider content in relation to their own teaching and learning