Scientific evidence strongly suggests that our universe had a beginning: the "Big Bang." What does this mean for those who believe in God as Creator? In God of the Big Bang, astronaut, research scientist, and Christian Dr. Leslie Wickman explores our biggest heart-and-soul questions about how faith and science go together:
- Can anyone ever really prove that God exists?
- How do we interpret genesis in light of the big bang?
- Are we alone in the universe, or could there be life on other planets?
- Why is the universe beautiful, orderly, and understandable?
- Does conflict between science and faith stem from incomplete knowledge or flawed interpretation?
- What is a Christian's responsibility toward the environment?
- Does Christianity make sense in light of logic, reason, and science?
In this rich and faith-affirming book, Dr. Wickman interprets complex scientific discoveries in ways we can understand, giving us a better understanding of how Scripture, science, and creation fit together.