Fluent Chinese: the complete plan from beginner to advanced is your companion guide to learning Chinese effectively.
A guide to:
- The common roadblocks at each level and how to remove them
- What you should prioritize and what you can afford to ignore for the time being
- No-nonsense explanations for the things most textbooks fail to teach you
- Essential top-quality free resources that will have a profound impact on your language study
- Study methods and tricks that polyglots swear by
This book covers the entire circuit, from finding the time to learn Chinese and learning your first few words up to the time you can have fluent conversations on any topic, read books, enjoy movies and even attend university-level classes in Chinese if you wish.
Judith Meyer speaks 12 languages including Chinese, Modern Greek and Indonesian. After completing a degree in Romance Languages and Computational Linguistics, she developed language lessons for several companies, including GermanPod101, and authored 6 books on learning languages.
She now works on LearnYu.com, her own computer-based language course. She blogs about being a polyglot and learning languages at www.learnlangs.com.