For the seventh edition, the material has been reorganized into short "Topics," which are grouped into thematic "Focuses" to make the text more digestible for students and more flexible for instructors. At the beginning of each Topic, three questions are posed, emphasizing why it is important, what the key idea is, and what students should already know.
* Detailed "justification" boxes help students understand the crucial mathematics that underpins physical chemistry
* Chemist's Toolkits present the foundations of physics and mathematics exactly where they are needed in the text
* Frequent worked examples, self-test questions, and end-of-chapter exercises help students to gain confidence and experience in solving problems
* Notes on good practice, key concept checklists, and equation labels and annotations provide additional support for students
* A Companion Website provides instructors with a Test Bank of multiple-choice questions and downloadable figures and tables of data from the text. It also contains multiple-choice questions and numerical answers to end-of-chapter questions for students.