Thoroughly updated and revised, the second edition of thissuccessful and widely praised textbook offers an account of the'classical' period of Greek history, from the aftermathof the Persian Wars in 478 BC to the death of Alexander the Greatin 323 BC.
- Two important new chapters have been added, covering life andculture in the classical Greek world
- Features new pedagogical tools, including textboxes, and acomprehensive chronological table of the West, mainland Greece, andthe Aegean
- Enlarged and additional maps and illustrative material
- Covers the history of an important period, including: theflourishing of democracy in Athens; the Peloponnesian war, and theconquests of Alexander the Great
- Focuses on the evidence for the period, and how the evidenceis to be interpreted