Designed for astronomers specifically in the United Kingdom, this guide provides details of hundreds of astronomical events throughout 2018.
Written by Richard J. Bartlett, a former freelance writer for Astronomy magazine, the guide includes all of the following:
* The phases of the Moon
* Key astronomical events
* Conjunctions between the Sun, Moon and planets
* Lunar and Solar eclipses
* A breakdown of when to observe the planets and conjunctions
* Peak dates for the major meteor showers (including corresponding lunar phases)
* 24 star charts with accompanying lists of suggested deep sky objects
* Lunar and planetary data, including co-ordinates, magnitude, apparent diameter, illumination, elongation distance from the Sun and other nearby celestial bodies.
* Charts depicting the positions of Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and Uranus
Whether you're an expert astronomer or a casual star gazer, An Astronomical Year is the essential guide to the best celestial events of 2018.
***BONUS*** Buy the paperback and get the Kindle edition FREE
Praise for the 2017 edition:
"My son and husband rate this book for helping them with there night sky hobby with lots of upto date facts and new information they need. It's a great go to resource and also an enjoyable fun read for our son who loves everything to do with astronomy" - By TMPoulton on 18 April 2017
"Full of useful information for the year. Shame there is not a hardback version. As Patrick's Moores "Yearbook of Astronomy" is no longer being published, I thought this is would be a second best. But to my surprise as a book for giving information on forthcoming events it's even better. Definitely worth owning" - By RTFishall on 29 December 2016
"After reading and still using Richards 2016 version, UK Astronomy was excited to see next years.... Again another masterpiece and a must have for any astronomer looking to plan 2017's stargazing nights or events.... our 1600 members love his books and always look forward to the next" By Ross on 19 November 2016