This textbook covers in detail the tools that are used to generate 2D detail and fabrication drawings of the 3D structural model created in Volume 1 of this book. You will learn how to use drawing processes as well as drawing styles for generating the 2D documentation. The author has also covered the process of validating the structure model and checking it for clashes. There is a special chapter covering BIM data interoperability with Autodesk Revit.
The following are some of the salient features of this textbook:
- Complimentary access to more than 180 minutes of videos covering all tutorials in the book.
- 328 pages of in-depth coverage of the tools to generate detail drawings of the 3D structural model.
- Detailed discussion of how to validate the structural model for modeling error and checking the clashes in the model.
- Detailed discussion of creating custom prefix configuration for numbering.
- Covers in detail the process of generating the 2D drawings using drawing processes as well as drawing styles.
- Covers basic customization of drawing processes.
- Explains the process of basic customization of prototypes and BOM templates.
- Covers the process of generating NC and DXF files for machining.
- Special chapter on BIM data interoperability with Autodesk Revit, including importing Steel Connections.
- "What I do" tips describing some real world challenges that Advance Steel users face and the author's approach in those situations.
- Tips and Notes providing additional information about the topic in discussion.
- End of chapter skill evaluation to review the concepts learnt in the chapter.
The following free teaching resources are available for faculty:
- PowerPoint slides of every chapter in the textbook.
- Answers to the Class Test Questions.
- Help for designing the course curriculum.