Providing a complete overview of pharmacology, this resource presents a comprehensive framework for drug recognition and drug usage. Arranged by medical specialty or drug category, it covers all of the "need-to-know" essentials from the history of drugs and the drug approval process to prescription and over-the-counter trade name and generic drugs for every body system. Revised and updated, the third edition includes the most current drugs and drug information.NEW TO THE THIRD EDITION:
- Corresponding Companion Website that features drug updates and discussions of current healthcare issues, as well as study guide exercises, www.prenhall.com/turley
- Focus on healthcare issues encountered on a clay-to-day basis.
- Drug forms and dosages for all listed drugs are included in the Glossary/Index. Pronunciation guide is now included in the Glossary/Index.
- Clinical scenarios from real medical case histories are included, accompanied by questions and exercises.
- Handwritten prescriptions allow students to interpret actual written prescription.
- Covers the broad spectrum of diverse yet interrelated topics that affect pharmacology, Such as botany, molecular chemistry, research, clinical observation, toxicology. Legislation, and patient education.
- Presents competency-based learning objectives and correlated review questions.
- Includes end-of-chapter questions, spelling tips and the insights provided by correct spellings, historical notes, and Did You Know boxes.
- Includes photographs and line drawings for visual comprehension and reinforcement.