Whether going into staff development, patient education, or academic teaching, Teaching Strategies for Nurse Educators is the resource when it comes to teaching strategies. All encompassing, it includes detailed discussions on planning and conducting classes, computerized teaching strategies and distance learning courses, as well as clinical teaching and evaluation of learning. Too often new educators teach as they were taught without questioning the methods or rationale. This book provides a complete foundation of the learning theories and strategies that will lead to educational success.FEATURES:
- Case Studies at the end of each chapter apply content to real-life situations.
- Critical Thinking Exercises allow for reflection of key issues and points of view.
- Ideas for Further Research sections are trigger points for research on worthy topics.
- Detailed teaching strategies such as lecturing, audiovisuals, simulations, problem-based learning, and self-learning modules enhance student learning.
- An overview of research evidence on good teaching practices is provided.