—Fred Showker, editor/publisher of DT&G magazine
Photoshop for Right–Brainers, Second Edition goes beyond the cookie–cutter techniques and shows you how to take full advantage of Photoshop's powerful capabilities. With more novel projects and striking artwork, additional advanced techniques, and hundreds of new actions for automating tedious tasks, this revised edition will help you unlock pathways to creativity.
You'll get a firm grounding in key tools and techniques, then hone your skills by working through complex projects. By the end you'll be able to bring your artistic and fanciful visions to life on your computer to generate your own mind–blowing photographic art.
Photoshop wiz Al Ward will teach you pro techniques for creating dramatic images, including how to:
- Expertly blend multiple photographs into realistic composites
- Add sharpness and detail to any image
- Give your portraits digital face–lifts: soften wrinkles, erase blemishes, whiten teeth
- Create mind–boggling mirror effects
- Control reflections and highlights as you manipulate chrome and glass surfaces
- Turn any photograph into a line drawing, oil painting, or retro image
- Produce symmetrical landscaping and patterns in the sky
- Transform people into frightening characters
- Invent comical cross–breed species by altering animal photos
- Prepare your artwork for display online or in printed contact sheets and picture packages
- And much more!
The CD features more than 400 productivity–enhancing Photoshop actions designed by the author, along with images and project files from the book, as well as exceptional stock images.