Contesting the Reformation provides a comprehensive surveyof the most influential works in the field of Reformation studiesfrom a comparative, cross-national, interdisciplinaryperspective.
- Represents the only English-language single-authored syntheticstudy of Reformation historiography
- Addresses both the English and the Continental debates onReformation history
- Provides a thematic approach which takes in the main trends inmodern Reformation history
- Draws on the most recent publications relating to Reformationstudies
- Considers the social, political, cultural, and intellectualimplications of the Reformation and the associated literature