Contesting the Reformation provides a comprehensive survey of the most influential works in the field of Reformation studies from a comparative, cross-national, interdisciplinary perspective.
- Represents the only English-language single-authored synthetic study of Reformation historiography
- Addresses both the English and the Continental debates on Reformation history
- Provides a thematic approach which takes in the main trends in modern Reformation history
- Draws on the most recent publications relating to Reformation studies
- Considers the social, political, cultural, and intellectual implications of the Reformation and the associated literature