Fullness is dullness. Hunger is passion. Sometimes we need a personal reboot. We need a "burning bush" encounter, one close enough to feel the heat. Life has a way of growing cluttered, feeling dull. Modern society is so full of stuff-busy schedules, buffet lines, gadgets-that we've forgotten the discipline of denial. We don't remember how to hunger, therefore we've forgotten how to be filled. Yet Jesus promised the opposite: if we hunger and thirst for righteousness, then we will experience fullness. And nothing rekindles the inner fire like fasting. Drawing inspiration from Psalm 40 and Isaiah 40, Consumed is written in simple, encouraging language, composed day-by-day during the author's own forty day fast. Thus, the insights come to you in "real time" - exactly what you need for each day, like a friend who knows how to speak to your heart. Each brief, daily devotional helps to focus the soul in a posture of humility and repentance for the ultimate goal of personal renewal. Have you lost direction, focus, vibrancy? The ancient solution is to give yourself to an extended, 40-day fast. Don't worry...you can do it Consumed also features:
- Nuggets of wisdom from ancient and modern church fathers
- Practical advice for managing your fast
- Simple, daily guidance from physicians to maximize and safeguard your health
- Space to journal your reflections each day
- Medical insights into the benefits of fasting; also specific recommendations for structuring and ending your fast.