This new and completely revised edition of Colloquial Portuguese of Brazil provides a step-by-step course in Portuguese as it is written and spoken in Brazil today. Combining a user-friendly approach with a thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Brazilian Portuguese in a broad range of situations. No prior knowledge of the language is required.
This edition features:
- progressive coverage of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- structured, jargon-free explanations of grammar
- an extensive range of focused and stimulating exercises
- realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of scenarios
- useful vocabulary lists throughout the text
Balanced, comprehensive and rewarding, Colloquial Portuguese of Brazil will be an indispensable resource both for independent learners and students taking courses in Brazilian Portuguese.
Colloquials are now supported by FREE AUDIO available online. All audio tracks referenced within the text are free to stream or download from www.routledge.com/cw/colloquials. Recorded by native speakers, the audio complements the book and will help enhance learners listening and speaking skills.
By the end of this course, you will be at level A1 to A2 of the Common European Framework for Languages and Novice Low to Mid on the ACTFL proficiency scales."