This major textbook for a growing area of study provides the reader with the framework necessary for understanding the implications of communication in the global media marketplace. Using practical examples, Newsom offers students and media professionals an indispensable guide to mastering the art of international and intercultural communication. Key features include:
- Addresses an important subject that few other books do: how to communicate in the global media marketplace at both the interpersonal and public level
- Explores mass modes of communication including advertising, public relations, the Internet, news, and magazines
- Rich with real life examples, chosen to appeal to students
- Draws on the author's experiences teaching media and public relations across Asia, Africa, and Europe
- Examines the factors that are influencing cross-cultural communication, bringing together practical, philosophical, and theoretical approaches to various types of interaction.
Bridging the Gaps in Global Communication is accompanied by an instructor's manual, available at www.blackwellpublishing.com/newsom.