Drive boredom out of your classroom-and keep it out-with the student engagement strategies in this book. In the first Battling Boredom, bestselling author Bryan Harris offered strategies on beginning a lesson, ending a lesson, small group work, and large group work. Now in Battling Boredom Part 2, Harris teams up with technology integration expert and former teacher Lisa Bradshaw to provide additional strategies on new topics such as academic talk, feedback, writing, classroom technology, and more. You'll learn how to:
- Increase the quality and effectiveness of feedback to boost student performance.
- Engage students in meaningful reflection with writing prompts and exercises.
- Reenergize a lethargic class using movement-based activities.
- Integrate technology to create a more enriching classroom experience for students.
- Encourage students to speak up, share their ideas, and talk about their learning.
With this toolbox of instructional strategies, you'll have even more ways to end student boredom before it begins, resulting in class time that's more efficient, more educational, and loads more fun