100 Facts Bears is bursting with exactly 100 fascinating facts, unbelievable images and fun activities to help children aged 6-10 years learn everything they need to know about these grizzly mammals.
- Covers bear species, homes, feeding and behaviour.
- Close-up photos of bears in their natural habitats.
- Illustrations and diagrams of bear anatomy to help kids to understand key concepts.
Synopsis - Product details
100 Facts Bears contains key bear facts for kids in simple numbered facts. Every page features fantastic illustrations and photographs that support a child's understanding of the text. This is a great bear book for kids aged 6-10 years.
Topics covered in 100 Facts Bears:
- The definition of a bear and a close look at the bear family.
- Bears from different climates such as brown bears and polar bears.
- Bears that are most under threat in the their natural habitats and what is being done to help them.
'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
- Pandas use all four limbs to grip onto tree trunks as they climb up or down.
- The word 'Arctic' comes from the Greek word 'Arkitos', which means 'country of the Great Bear'.
- While female polar bears are in their den looking after their cubs, they don't eat or drink at all.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive:
- Make a panda face mask using a paper plate, black paper and string.
- Quiz question: Black bears live in Europe. True or false?
- Measure your height every month for a year to see how fast you grow compared to a bear.