into the Music Business
Completely revised and updated for the twenty-first century, The Music Business provides essential career advice and information on how to get started and advance in all areas of the music industry--from an author who's had careers in music as an artist and professor for more than two decades. This comprehensive volume gives you guidance and information on:
- Starting your music career
- The ins and outs of recording contracts
- Record producing and music engineering
- The distribution and sale of records
- The Internet and MP3s, and their effects on the music industry
- The latest computer programs
- Copyright law
- Composing music and songwriting
- Music education
- The international music industry
- And much more . . .
The Music Business is an indispensable reference for anyone who wants to begin a career in any of the industry's facets, as well as an invaluable aid to professional and would-be professional musicians alike.