STEM mindset: Math with Lego(R) and Brainers is a series of colorfully-illustrated, engaging, and fun math workbooks, that motivates students to gain confidence on all levels of math problem-solving; builds conceptual deeper understanding of math and geometry problems and creative and analytical thinking. Topics laid out in the national Common Core State Standards, enriched with step-by-step strategies implemented by Brainers, appeal to every student. The problems evolve and become more challenging through excitement, adventure, and Olympiad Math; sparking students' desire to learn, play, explore, and think. Real-life situations, together with algorithms, diagrams, and tables, help students smoothly and logically work their way to multi-step problems, fluency and strengthening in mental calculations skills, and test preparations. Brainers used in a comical way help students work independently, hold their interest, and present step-by-step solutions for any math problem or strategy. Each student will find his own way to success in math, geometry, science, and creating a STEM mindset.
MATH with LEGO and BRAINERS makes the foundations for students' success in MATH and Geometry:
- Common Core State Standards
- preparation for standardized tests such as SCAT(R), CogAT(R), and etc.
- full math and geometry curriculum that covers each grade level in great depth
- procedural fluency
- modeling and building with Lego bricks
- using and creating tables and diagrams for future programming skills
- numerous number sense strategies
- step-by-step strategies
- I-approach word problem strategies
- information coding (color-, border-, line coding)
- alive, engaging, and fun explanations with Brainers
- a good training for teachers in how to explain math concepts
- no lengthy teaching manuals for parents and teachers
- favorite children's font
- answers with step-by-step solutions.
Our Approach Focuses on:
- all kids are gifted
- conceptual understanding
- reasoning, critical thinking skills
- creative-thinking skills
- STEM mindset growth
- visualization and play
- creating a foundation in how numbers work
- multi-step word problem strategies
- Olympiad math
- puzzles, brainteasers, game situations
- open, purposeful questions, -
to give the students the only treasure we can share - open a beautiful, amazing, adventurous, challenging world of mathematics and learning; the opportunity not only to do well on standardized tests but the opportunity to create the life-long learners, and to develop the traits which help our kids turn into happy and successful grown-ups.