Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common C# programming tasks.
Quizzes and exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
Notes and tips present interesting information related to the discussion.
Cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Learn how to...
- Gain a holistic understanding of C# 5.0, .NET, and Visual Studio 2012
- Use classes and objects "the C# way"
- Master the C# type system, inheritance, interfaces, and abstract classes
- Define, initiate, respond to, and send data through events
- Work with loops, strings, regular expressions, and collections
- Ensure type safety and promote code reuse with generics and collections
- Work with data in all forms, from file systems and streams to XML and databases
- Use advanced features such as attributes, dynamic types, and anonymous functions
- Build and debug C# applications with Visual Studio 2012
- Create state-of-the-art Windows Store apps with the async pattern
- Improve performance and reliability by managing memory more effectively
- Build more responsive software with threads, concurrency, and parallelism