If you need help building web applications with the Lift framework, this cookbook provides scores of concise, ready-to-use code solutions. You'll find recipes for everything from setting up a coding environment to creating REST web services and deploying your application to production.
Built on top of the Scala JVM programming language, Lift takes a different--yet ultimately easier--approach to development than MVC frameworks such as Rails. Each recipe in this book includes a discussion of how and why each solution works, not only to help you complete the task at hand, but also to illustrate how Lift works.
- Set up an environment and run your first Lift application
- Generate HTML, using Lift's View First approach
- Submit forms and work with form elements
- Build REST web services with the framework's RestHelper trait
- Take advantage of Lift's support for Ajax and Comet
- Get examples for modifying Lift's request pipeline
- Convert Scala classes into tables, rows, and columns in a relational database
- Send email, call URLs, and schedule tasks from your application
- Package and deploy your application to various hosted services