Intelligence Unbound explores the prospects, promises, and potential dangers of machine intelligence and uploaded minds in a collection of state-of-the-art essays from internationally recognized philosophers, AI researchers, science fiction authors, and theorists.
- Compelling and intellectually sophisticated exploration of the latest thinking on Artificial Intelligence and machine minds
- Features contributions from an international cast of philosophers, Artificial Intelligence researchers, science fiction authors, and more
- Offers current, diverse perspectives on machine intelligence and uploaded minds, emerging topics of tremendous interest
- Illuminates the nature and ethics of tomorrow's machine minds--and of the convergence of humans and machines--to consider the pros and cons of a variety of intriguing possibilities
- Considers classic philosophical puzzles as well as the latest topics debated by scholars
- Covers a wide range of viewpoints and arguments regarding the prospects of uploading and machine intelligence, including proponents and skeptics, pros and cons