Intelligence Unbound explores the prospects, promises, and potential dangers of machine intelligence and uploaded minds ina collection of state-of-the-art essays from internationallyrecognized philosophers, AI researchers, science fiction authors, and theorists.
- Compelling and intellectually sophisticated exploration ofthe latest thinking on Artificial Intelligence and machineminds
- Features contributions from an international cast ofphilosophers, Artificial Intelligence researchers, science fictionauthors, and more
- Offers current, diverse perspectives on machine intelligenceand uploaded minds, emerging topics of tremendous interest
- Illuminates the nature and ethics of tomorrow's machineminds--and of the convergence of humans and machines--toconsider the pros and cons of a variety of intriguingpossibilities
- Considers classic philosophical puzzles as well as the latesttopics debated by scholars
- Covers a wide range of viewpoints and arguments regarding theprospects of uploading and machine intelligence, includingproponents and skeptics, pros and cons