For new and experienced students, practical guidance in kundalini yoga for happiness, health, and fulfillment
Kundalini is a universal life force within each of us that, once awakened, holds the power to transform every facet of our lives. Kundalini yoga is the art and practice of activating this radiant energy. With Essential Kundalini Yoga, Karena Virginia and Dharm Khalsa present the core principles and practices of this revered tradition in an inviting and accessible guide.
"Kundalini yoga opens joyous space for connecting deeply with the energy states of our being," write Karena and Dharm, "It brings vital health to the body and opens our consciousness to new potentials of awareness."
Created for the modern practitioner, this book offers clear, comprehensive instruction in the key insights and practices of kundalini yoga. From philosophy and lifestyle, to working with anatomy and physical asana, to activating our energy bodies, Essential Kundalini Yoga is a uniquely practical and in-depth manual. Highlights include:
- Gorgeous photos illuminating step-by-step instructions
- Detailed instructions, explanations, and illustrations for core kundalini practices--mantra, pranayama, bhanda, asana, kriya, meditation, and more
- Seven traditional kundalini yoga routines, including a pituitary gland series for intuition, yoga for the immune system, and detoxing for radiance
- Understand the science of the practice, including its effects on the glandular system, spine, nervous system, and skeleton
- Meditations, mantras, and yoga poses to activate each of the chakras and bring health to your energetic body
- Remedies for common emotional challenges--dealing with fear, shame, and depression, among others
- Kundalini secrets for getting better sleep, aging gracefully, enhancing fertility, cultivating vitality, and more
Rooted in tradition and infused with a sense of infinite possibility, Essential Kundalini Yoga is a joyful invitation for practitioners of all levels to awaken the vital energy within and receive the gifts that emerge from connecting more deeply with your own potential for creativity, abundance, and joy.