DISRUPT is a deep examination of how Filipina women in diaspora thrive in the challenges of living in the modern multi-cultural global economy. This is the definitive book that will change the public's perceptions of Filipina women's capacities to lead, a key objective of FWN's Pinay Power 2020 mission.
Filipina women are the ultimate global disrupters. They disrupted their lives, families and careers when they left their home country to immigrate to foreign lands and re-invent their lives.
They disrupted their organizations as they became achievers in their professional fields and broke glass ceilings. They disrupted the business landscape when they innovated products, improved and created services that impacted the lives of women and the community.
They disrupted their communities as they became strong advocates for social issues that affected their families and children.
They disrupted the political world when they ran for elected office, representing causes benefiting their local communities. They became political insiders and valued advisors of elected officials.
Filipina women leaders in diaspora share their career journeys, their sacrifices to seek better lives for themselves and their families and their strategies to thrive in the modern multi-cultural global economy.
37 authors and editors are recipients of the Filipina Women's Network's 100 Most Influential Filipina Women in the World(TM) award from the United States, Philippines, Singapore, Brazil, Japan, United Arab Emirates, Canada, and Poland. They share inspiring stories on:
- Shaping their leader identity,
- Developing their sense of self as they achieved power and influence,
- Determining their life purpose and world view,
- Adjusting to cultural norms in their drive to succeed,
- Overcoming domestic violence, incarceration, poverty, discrimination and harassment, and
- Coping with cognitive dissonance when Philippine traditional beliefs were at odds with the requirements of making it in the global workplace.