An upbeat, empathetic, and essential guide for young people with diabetes
In "Diabetes and Me: An Essential Guide for Kids and Parents," Kim Chaloner, who""has been teaching award-winning science""classes for fifteen years, gives kids""the tools they need to take charge of""their health and understand what it means""to be diagnosed with diabetes. In this""graphic guide, she walks four young people""through the basics of diabetes, both Type 1""and Type 2, revealing . . .""
- The early signs of diabetes and how doctors can help
- What it means to have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes
- What the pancreas is and how it works
- How to manage the ups and downs of blood sugar levels
- Strategies for diet and exercise
- How to explain diabetes to friends and family members
- And much more
Illustrated by the award-winning artist Nick Bertozzi, "Diabetes and Me "is an informative, empowering handbook for parents, teachers, and kids looking to learn more about how to handle one of today's most common conditions.