Using IconLogic's proven "skills & drills" training approach, this user-friendly, concise grammar reference is designed for word people-writers, editors, proofreaders, managers, administrative staff, and students.
Abrams' Guide to Grammar: Third Edition covers problems of grammar and punctuation. If you communicate by letter, memo, report, or email, you'll benefit from this lively collection of tutorials.
Abrams' Guide to Grammar demystifies the rules-it provides practical experiences to reinforce learning and to help you build confidence with your daily writing. Each exercise offers a thorough explanation in the answer key.
If any of the following topics intimidate you or if you need a refresher on grammar and punctuation rules, this is the book for you:
- Parts of Speech
- Phrases (Prepositional and Verbal)
- Sentence Fragments
- Run-on Sentences
- Commas with Independent and Dependent
- Commas with Which and That
- Commas after Introductory Constructions
- Commas with Nonrestrictive Phrases
- Commas in a Series
- Verb Tense and Mood
- Active vs. Passive Voice
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Pronoun-Antecedent Agreement
- Pronoun Case
- The Pronouns Who and Whom
- Misplaced and Dangling Modifiers