The most up-to-date research is discussed and a flexible, 'hands-on' framework is provided for practicing hypnotherapy, including:
- detailed guidelines on conducting clinical interviews
- examples of preparing the patient for hypnosis
- templates of clinical 'scripts' for use in sessions
- solutions for dealing with catharsis
- discussion of inter-professional collaboration.
Interventions are suggested for a wide range of stress problems in both adults and children, including anxiety, sexual dysfunctions, sleeping problems, pain and other psychosomatic conditions.
This practical guide provides a useful introduction to hypnotherapy for professionals such as counsellors, psychotherapists, psychiatrists, psychologists and physicians. The breadth of information included ensures it will also appeal to the more experienced clinician.