Great Myths of the Brain introduces readers to the field of neuroscience by examining popular myths about the human brain.
- Explores commonly-held myths of the brain through the lens of scientific research, backing up claims with studies and other evidence from the literature
- Looks at enduring myths such as "Do we only use 10% of our brain?," "Pregnant women lose their mind," "Right-brained people are more creative" and many more.
- Delves into myths relating to specific brain disorders, including epilepsy, autism, dementia, and others
- Written engagingly and accessibly for students and lay readers alike, providing a unique introduction to the study of the brain
- Teaches readers how to spot neuro hype and neuro-nonsense claims in the media