A Down-to-Earth Approach
James Henslin shares the excitement of sociology, with his acclaimed "down-to-earth" approach and personal writing style that highlight the sociology of everyday life and its relevance to students' lives. With wit, personal reflection, and illuminating examples, he shares with readers his passion for sociology.
In addition to this trademark down-to-earth approach, other distinctive features include: comparative perspectives, the globalization of capitalism, and visual presentations of sociology.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning — The new MySocLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking - Learning Objectives & Questions on each page reinforce key concepts and build critical thinking skills.
- Engage Students - Personal narrative from the perspective of an international field researcher invites students on a sociological journey.
- Explore Theory - Offers a balanced approach; relevant theories are discussed in each chapter.
- Understand Diversity - Global, national, and personal material combine to present a complete view of the world.
- Support Instructors - Written activities and assessment in MySocLab engage students and help them succeed.
Note: MySocLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySocLab, please visit: www.mysoclab.com or you can purchase a ValuePack of the text + MySocLab (at no additional cost): ValuePack ISBN-10: 0205252281 / ValuePack ISBN-13: 9780205252282