If you re new to GitHub, this concise book shows you just what you need to get started and no more. It s perfect for project and product managers, stakeholders, and other team members who want to collaborate on a development project whether it s to review and comment on work in progress or to contribute specific changes. It s also great for developers just learning GitHub.
GitHub has rapidly become the default platform for software development, but it s also ideal for other text-based documents, from contracts to screenplays. This hands-on book shows you how to use GitHub s web interface to view projects and collaborate effectively with your team.
- Learn how and why people use GitHub to collaborate
- View the status of a project recent changes, outstanding work, and historic changes
- Create and edit files through GitHub without learning Git
- Suggest changes to projects you don t have permission to edit directly
- Use tools like issues, pull requests, and branches to specify and collaborate on changes
- Create a new GitHub repository to control who has access to your project